Shortly after Wave 15 was deployed I started testing functionality for issues and found the following the Office 365 IRM templates in Outlook appear in Vietnamese although the local language setting in the Windows 8 and above is “English – United Kingdom” as shown below when using Office 2013
In our case, we set the local settings to “English – United Kingdom” in Windows (LCID: 2057) using windows 8 or 8.1
There is no translation in the templates for LCID 2057 – so Office 2013 simply defaults to the first one listed in the template; LCID 1066 (Vietnamese)
There is a possible solution to this issue:
1) Set the 1033 (English – US) locale to be the first in the list, so that the default Language seen in Office is English.
I also have a bug call logged with Microsoft who state that by the end of December 2013 the template will be updated and fixed I will keep you updated!
Update as of 24th Jan 2014 this issue should be resolved for EMEA tenants you will need to re download the templates by carry out the following:
- Shut down any office application such as Work and Outlook
- In regedit Rename the following key or delete it: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\MSIPC
- The browse to C:\user\<userprofilename>\appdata\local\microsoft and rename the MSIPC folder to old or even delete it
- Restart the machine and then upon restarting Outlook or Word it will then download the templates upon going into the IRM settings.